Friday, August 26, 2011

Don't send the pregnant person grocery shopping..

Because she was only supposed to shop for Velvetta Shells & Cheese and bread, but came back with- Cinnamon rolls, cookies&cream ice cream, orange juice, (3) large bags of chips, honey baked chicken tenders in a bag, and instant mashed potatoes.  What can I say I was hungry. I would NEVER eat cinnamon rolls pre-preggo, but they were darn good. Especially after 30 short seconds in the microwave. Plus, there was $1.00 off coupon.

I should take stock in McDonald's - I must say, there sweet tea is amazing and only $1.00! Needless to say, I frequent the place a minimum of twice a week, and I'm not afraid every now and then to add a little sausage biscuit with egg & cheese to the order. I have not eaten one of those in years, and now I've had two within the last week!

I told my work the news this week, I did this cute flash card thing. Each of my co-workers took turns turning a card around.. each were labeled, 1) She's 2) Going (3 To Have a Baby 4) Surprise, Feb 24, 2011.
I carried card number 4.  They were really excited to hear the news, now my new name is CTG+1. (catherine the great)

I also finally posted to facebook- final outcome, "1st time marathon or 1st time Mommy- Baby Herrberg of course, marathon on hold until next year."  The truth is I'm not sure if next year will be too soon for me to race the marathon, because ideally I would like to train a FULL year. And, I probably won't be able to start training until April or May at the earliest. So that would be only 6 months to train. This year would have been perfect, because it was the first year we non-stop trained, but if not November 2012, I can postpone, as long as I run one in my lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! I totally know the feeling! I remember our grocery budget went through the roof, as I was eating all sorts of junk food! It was so hard to balance the good with bad. I had guilt until my doctor said "eat what you want". That was like my free ticket to junk foodville!

    ReplyDelete