Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Confession

Today I went overboard at The Gap and Gap.com, with but of course- preggo clothing purchases.

However, I was mindful and kept myself contained in the 10x10 clearance rack filled area of the store; and used a coupon in store and online (plus the clearance was an additional 25% off. I did peak at the "look at me" regular priced items but kept made it back to my 10x10 space. Okay, now I feel better.

I must say, I am quite the satisfied Gap shopper- They had some excellent choices! When I thought of maternity clothes- pre preggo, I thought of ugly, over sized tye dyed shirts and wide, baggy, crinkly material linen type- jeans/pants that made me feel like a mamma-patrol!  I found that Gap had quite the oppossite. Per the receipt on the left:
 (3)  "Pure Tanks" made of the Gap soft signature material that you never want to stop petting ($5.21, $6.74, and $5.98)
(1) pair 5 pocket knit black dress pants ($11.57) for work- expensive, but I splurged because I liked them.
(1) pair khaki capris ($9.25)- Poly/cotton blend material and long enough that I can put boots over them in the fall!
(1) black wrap dress ($6.93)- and I can wear it post preggos! I think I just may live in this dress
(1) pair purple slim fitting cargo pants ($9.84)- Perfect color for fall and I can wear with the many MANY boots that I have or with some nice and comfy flats.

Ok- now that I confessed and justified my purchases I not only feel better, but MUCH better. Okay, I'll confess to my online purchase as well.  It totalled about $60.00, on the tab were, the same capris as above but in black, (2) SUPER flattering pencil skirts, (1) long sleeve wrap cotton shirt, and (1) pair of dressy striped pants for work.

Now- the pregnancy clothes shopping is over, the pregnancy clothes shopping is over, the pregnancy clothes shopping is over. If I write it enough, maybe it will actually come true.

1 comment:

  1. I went shopping once and spent too much. So i invested in these cute things:

    http://www.amazon.com/Fertile-Mind-Womens-Maternity-Size/dp/B004CT4A4C/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1316111880&sr=1-1

    I saved sooo much money! I only had one pair of real maternity pants (for special occasions) but used the band daily! Just make sure to wear a long type shirt! You should buy some if you have a fav pair of pants etc that you do not want to store while preggers!

    ReplyDelete