Saturday, July 16, 2011

8 weeks and still playing flip cup

My Big 30th bday bash was yesterday. Chris and I made the decision to tell everyone who attended the party. I figured it would be pretty obvious, if me "little miss life of the party" was not drinking on her 30th birthday!  And, rather than lie to some of our closest friends and family members,this was the time to tell them. Besides the fact that my family totally did not understand the concept of keeping it a secret until I was at least twelve weeks. Oh well..

All were very excited and had no idea! My best buds Anna and Flora literally jumped up and down for what felt like two full minutes. It was cute.
My mother went around the room trying to capture the "telling" moment as we approached each different group. Very mom-like, indeed.

The evening was filled with plenty of dancing followed by a ten mile run at 6am this morning! It was awesome- Cindy, my bff from Chicago flew in for the bday festivities, so we were able to run together. We did great, considering Cindy was not used to this crazed weather. Under 12 minute pace for 9.89 miles. And, a very hilly route!


Now we are off to Port Aransas to meet up with Eli, Evette, David, Erika, Pepper and Jen.  The continuation of a well planned 30th birthday weekend. And, yes I am still playing flip cup, but of course not with beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment