Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Keep it REAL in 2018

I did not expect my first spends of 2018 to be on trips to the med clinic, followed by tamiflu, followed by a trip to the pediatric urgent care this morning.
Yup, I tested negative for the flu but still was put on tamiflu and thank goodness for the tamiflu. I can now get up without assistance.
Now, a day later Wrigley looked beat down and tired and feverish.
This morning he is positive for the flu.

As I write sitting on my couch recliner watching Wrigley watch a robot show on Netflix, I am still grateful for this January day in 2018.

Grateful that we are both on a path to recovery. Because it could be worse.

Although this sickness definitely has taken  me down hill faster than a speeding el train. Literally, this weekend I was cheering on Lincoln to score his first baskets in his basketball game. And Sunday night, I was torn to pieces with a fever of 101.1 and a shivering body that could not get up from bed no matter how hard I tried.

Most first blogs of the year are about fitness goals or people posting their top 9! I will get to those later, but for now I'm keeping it real in 2018.
Because it could be worse.
I'm here. I'm alive. I'm writing.
2014 throw back- Just days before our family became 4!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Get Well Soon, Catherine! The flu and strep are terrible this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Get Well Soon, Catherine! The flu and strep are terrible this year!

    ReplyDelete