Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baby Boy is One and we have a walker!!!

He woke up at 5:30am on his birthday, ate and laid with mamma until about 8:30am.  He also peed on me.

I'm so glad I remembered to buy the pinata on Wednesday. I was able to find one on amazon.com with two day shipping and it was way better than the ones in the party aisle at Walmart, and cheaper too. But, now I will try to create an event checklist geared towards bday parties, so next year I can buy the pinata ahead of time.  I had researched them but just forgot to buy it.
Some notes to self to note for Lincoln's next birthday:
*Momma's don't eat until 10 hours after the start of party so don't run 3 miles in the morning without eating breakfast and only eat cereal after. Poor planning on my part, I should have went to Jim's to eat pancakes with Lincoln like I wanted to instead of running.

* Plan to be super super early, I did plan to be early, but our run took longer than expected...so I paid for it with feeling way stressed before the party because I didn't have time to organize myself while unloading, hence not being able to find certain things that I know I took. Oh well, the party still went just fine!
* A year ago today I was carrying my boy in my tummy, and now he's here smiling at me. Very surreal. He keeps me on my toes with his constant need for nursing, even as an older baby.  But I've learned to accept the cuddles, coos, and big huge smiles I get from him when he's done with his milk.  Many women stop at a year, and trust me I would if I could, but I cant., and I won't.  When I started nursing I couldn't wait for it to end, but now, its different.   I've learned that I need to treasure the gift of the ability to make it to a full year of nursing that God gave to me. Some women have to exclusively pump, some can't due to health issues, etc. But, I was able to have my little boy latch immediately. 

Lincoln's First Birthday Party was a huge success, we had about 75 or more people in attendance and about 18 children. We played games, ate junk food, cake, and opened gifts. Lincoln's Grandma Nanny Helen taught him how to blow out the birthday candles, but he was a tad overwhelmed to do so when it came time. But, it was fine, his look of surprise/shock was priceless. It was so great to see all my family and friends singing happy birthday to my son! It gave be such a proud feeling knowing that I have so much support and love for my little boy!

The worst thing that happened at the party as the chili for the hot dogs was late, but that was it, and many didn't even notice.
His party was at B and N party house, basically a bar with a party room connected to it. Many may frown upon having a kids party at a bar, but those that did hopefully eliminated themselves from attending the party if they had their own opinion.
Lincoln received a lot of clothes, his first motorized car, a fire engine car, and a two seater wagon from his grandma and grandpa.

I ended up hiring a photographer, and I'm so glad that I did, we were able to capture over 200 excellent photos.

I am finishing this blog on 6.22.13, over four months from his party date, so I don't remember too much, but hey at least I'm finishing this!

Some other moments in "OneVille"

03-01-13 Lincoln had slight fever more upper left teeth coming in (as of 6/22/13, he has four teeth on top and four teeth on bottom)
03- 02 -13 Daddy worked today due to tax season, so Lincoln and I met Cousin Lyla, Grandma and Grandpa at Jim's. Then, I took them over to The Pearl Farmer's Market for the first time. It was a great day. So, Lincoln does this side jerk dance move, that is hilarious.

03-02-13- Lincoln ran his first official 5k race today. It was the UTSA diploma dash. Chris ran with Lincoln because he's awesome. I finished in 30:22, which was pretty great considering I didn't do much running since November.  It was a really cold morning, there were lots of strollers, and Lincoln loved watching everyone.

03-03-13 -  We took Lincoln on his first park outing to the park at Landa Library. I love this park. I'm not sure why we didn't take him here earlier. He got asked on play date! It was an interesting day at the park, there were plenty of parents that were stuck in 80s and lots of scenes from movies.  We went to Mama Margie's for dinner after and Chris fed Lincoln hot sauce, he didn't quite like it at this time.

03-04-13 We took him to my work bowling outing and he was dancing to tootsie roll. This boy just loves his dancing. Also, another new thing is he copies his dad's heavy breathing/ deep breaths. Its quite hilarious.

3-10-13 that moment when your husband gives your son his first tortilla chip (was today)

3-12-13  We took Lincoln to "The Cove" for the first time with Erika, Pepper and Emme. He held my hand the entire time we were sitting in the playground then he got brave the second time around and was standing on his own. He was throwing the mulch in and out of the sand box and was as happy as can be.

3-13-13 WE HAVE A WALKER!!!!!! He went full fledge walking with grandma today and did a lot of steps with us. But more steps with grandma. We took him to Schlotzkys and the Landa Library Park again, yes, park two days in a row he may get used to this.  Oh, he ate dirt for the first time today. He over dramatized a fall and fell to his face, it was so sad to see, but he recovered nicely. (oh, and I'm still nursing)

3-17-13- Mommy and Daddy had a date night for St. Patrick's Day while Erika and Pepper watched Lincoln. He had an absolute blast playing with Emme. When we got to the house to pick him up, he was on Erika's lap all comfortable practically asleep.  Very cute!

3-23-13 I have been sick since 3/17.  Right now I am laying in bed waitng for lincolns last feeding and I can overhear Chris reading to him a book that has english and spanish...priceless! Chris is reading away and Lincoln is doing his baby talk right along with him. I went to the doctor yesterday and am on antibiotics and cough medicine.I tried to hold out but I was getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment