Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Car Line Anxiety

To those that have conquered car line for several years, to those that have yet to experience it, and to those who have only experienced it about 10 times- which is me, this is for you. My husband is the carline expert, but this week things have changed, I am now in charge of morning carline for Lincoln at his big boy school. I was in charge of dropping him off at his previous school, but there was NO CARLINE. Chris schedule from work has been altered, so my days of driving into work, anxiety free, have changed. When Chris picked up Lincoln from school yesterday, he asked him how the morning went, Lincoln's reply was, "Fine, but mommy doesn't know how to do carline!" Well, there is a lot to learn. For example, today. Lincoln had rolled down his window on the way to school. We arrive in "the circle" and he says "No, I can't leave yet, I want to roll up the window." And, since the carline police always stress, "Make sure all things are done before reaching carline": goodbyes, food, etc. and probably rolling up the window too. He gets out of the car and continues to stress his need to roll up the window. The teacher then says, "Okay, Lincoln, you can roll up the window while Mommy gets you your back pack." Thank you, sweet baby Jesus, I could just see it now, the breakdown in the middle of carline all because the line could not stop for 3 seconds to let my baby roll up the window. But, yes, I get it, there are other people waiting, but still. This is part of my anxiety with carline, you never know what will come up. Then, on Monday when I dropped him off, the "traffic man" was not there directing, so I was a little off. I tell Chris this, his response, "Its okay, he is not always there." Chris makes everything seem so easy! Do you have or did you have carline anxiety?

2 comments:

  1. The idea of this carline makes me cringe. I am so excited my kindergartener is able to ride the school bus. #CYAOKBYE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is for sure interesting. I think a lot also has to do with the "montessori way" I am guessing. This car line is specifically for the montessori.. kinder and the rest of the school have their own line. I am sure it will get better, but I still cringe when I turn down the road towards the line. I guess its because you never know what will happen with the day in the life of a three year old!

      Delete