Friday, October 14, 2011

Wish me LUCK! 12 mile Benchmark race tomorrow!

Well I bet you were hoping for my most recent waist measurement.  At this point this is for me to know and for you to never find out!  Just kidding, its 39 inches if you must know! I’ve gained a total of 18lbs half way through- which the doc. Insists is above the normal range. Not much I can do, I’m still running and doing Zumba once or twice a week. And, I really feel like its’ all belly weight, but I guess that’s what a pregnant women wants to feel!  And, yes of course I should up the take in of veggies, fruits, water,  & nutrients- which I am reminded of daily by, Nurse Chris.

Now for the most important news- doctor said that she is NOT cutting down my heart rate to 110- she said (exact words): “Weellll, most of my patients at this point are really down to walking and are getting very uncomfortable with exercising in general.” So, I asked, “Soooo, do I have to drop to 110?” She repeated the comment above and said I just need to watch myself closely!
My thoughts- I guess I’m not like most of your patients.  And best of all- I WILL be able to run my benchmark race this Saturday, 7:30am sharp- 12 miles. I will gauge how I feel after this race to determine if I will sign up for the half, I have until November 6th until the price goes up. 
Followers- Wish me luck tomorrow- know that if I don’t think I can finish I won’t ! Baby L is first, ALWAYS! I’m excited because Benchmark day is very similar to race day and I will be able to run a long side my group that I’ve been training with. So if I don’t get to do the race, I won’t be as disappointed. I”ll just treat this as the race! I did 10.66 last Saturday so I think I should be ready for the 12!  And- so we shall all find out!

Questions of the last two weeks: Do you have the nursery ready? Do you have a theme? & Are you going to be like that lady who delivered after she ran a full marathon? Answers: NO and Yes, Baseball (with focus on professional baseball fields) of course!  and Heck NOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment