Saturday, December 17, 2011

10 week wait begins

30 weeks today- its quite actually, very frightening. I decided not to say "10 weeks to go", instead I am saying 2 and a half months. It makes it sound so much easier in that sense.. I'm not scared of having and caring for Lincoln, more importantly I'm scared of the whole birth process itself. Crap, in the next 2 and a half months, I need to learn how to breathe, what contractions really are, how the heck do I know if I'm dialted. So much more vocab for me to learn! Then, I heard that if your pregnancy is completely normal, you should prepare for a hard birth! Gee thanks, advice givers!

A ton has happened in the last 30 weeks that I've failed to include in this blog, because, well life must go on, and I've realized I can't blog every moment. Although I really wish I could.

We had our first baby shower thrown by friends and it was quite the success. It was baseball themed and the cake, company and baseball style food (frito pie, burgers, hot dogs, cracker jacks) were phenomenal! We had our second shower thrown by our Ft. Wayne, IN family. It too was super fun! Sister in law Jodi, made these grilled ham sandwiches that literally melted in your mouth. Even, five sandwiches later! We are truly blessed to have such awesome family and friends, both near and far. Thirty-five thank you cards later, I am still standing!

I also did my very first pre-natal yoga class.. .. and I went back to Zumba after a full month off. (training for the half was taking up my time and energy, and I realized I couldn't do both).. Zumba is definitely  a class that comes natural to me. Unlike YOGA! I attended my first prenatal YOGA class on Saturday (about two weeks ago). They host them for free at Destination Maternity close by- so I figured may as well "try". I was scared going into it for sure- as I am SOOOO not the yoga type. Heck all I really know about yoga is what I see on movies. But I read its a great baby/ Mommy bonding activity and I always wanted to be like "those pregnant ladies" on TV shows that go to yoga classes while PREGGO! I was the first person there, so the nerves began. I brought my own mat and water trying to "fit in". I didn't use my mat. They provided mats laid neatly in two rows, 5 on each side, a water, and a waiver form. How neat I thought. I sat down, signed my waiver form and by that time another mommy walked in so I figured I would follow her lead. She sat down in indian style and stared at the mirror, so I did too.

About 5 more moms came in, we did introductions: "Hi my name is Cathy I'm 28 weeks and having a boy. I'm a runner and still running at this point and am hoping that yoga will help me to get all the aches and pains out due to running. And, I'm so excited because as of the last few weeks I can finally feel him move, I was a little worried. And, no I haven't felt the clinching pain above my stomach that all of you described..?" I sounded weird but of well.

Class began. First there was the "3 'oommms'- inhale on the oomm and exhale after." And so I began, "ooommmm"...I have not been back since.

I also purchased a new vehicle at last! No fighting with the dealer, just a clean, clear transaction and paid 1K less than I expected, and even got a free 32" Toshiba HD TV. I decided on a 2012 White Dodge Journey. Perfect transition between mom and sporty car. It has tons of storage and looks super cool. You do not need a key to open the door, its touchscreen radio and much more! It was fate- as I was sitting down about to tell the dealer, "lets make a deal" I recieved an email from another dealer offering the car for $300 less. I hesitated but Chris said go for it, so I showed her the email. She said, let me check on this, and she came back offering the car for 1K less if I bought that evening! So I did! Perfect! As we were getting into the car about to drive out of the dealer, I heard a male voice saying "you stole my car" I looked.. and the dealer said he was waiting for our transaction to finalized because he really wanted the car. The car I purchased was the LAST one for the lower price. She said, too bad he waited too long, and so he did! I love when things happen for a reason, makes me feel like they are so meant to be.  A phenomenal price was the only reason I bought brand new, heck the used ones were not even that cheap! I was able to my NEW for my used car budget so I went for it.

I know there is so much more to write, but I have to go get ready for two parties tonight. One sweet sixteen and another quincenera. I really don't see how people say the last ten weeks go by the slowest, they are literally flying by, I feel like I have one thing after another, and it never stops!

And, the nursery is not evne ready.. when people ask and I tell them that - they secretly freak out, but really I'm not worried, I know it will be put together, I have all the gear, just haven't made the effort to get it all in one place. Crib is at my friend Erikas, Basinet is at my parents house, Playpen is in the box waiting to be put together.. Soon.. soon, it will happen until then I will cherish my last ten weeks of my very first pregnancy. Doctors appointment on Monday. Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. awwe cathy i love your blog. you are so cute with all your emotions which by the way are totally normal. by the time your done delivering LIncoln you/ll wonder why you were so scared. you will literally have no time to think of any kind of pain or discomfort bc you will be focused on ur little bundle of joy! and because you are so healthy and active you will recover quickly. im so excited for you. oh yea we got emme a little toddler bed for xmas so we can take you the crib and changing table in the beginning of january.

    ReplyDelete